Formatting guidelines for text and figures
- Manuscripts should be submitted through the E-Submission system in docx format (MS Word). The manuscript file uploaded to the E-Submission system should contain only the article text, while all other data, such as article title, abstract, keywords, references and author information should be filled out separately.
- Papers should be kept to a maximum of 20 A4 pages.
- A manuscript should not contain an overabundance of graphical items: the number of figures and photographs should not exceed 6, the number of diagrams, graphs and tables should not exceed 4.
- The number of co-authors should not exceed 5, generally.
- Tables should be formatted in the same style as the main text.
- Font: Times New Roman 14 pt. Text must be 1.5 spaced. Font size for large tables may be 12 pt.
Top margin 2 cm, bottom margin 2 cm, left margin 3 cm, right margin 1,5 cm, page numbers included, paragraph indent 1 cm. No hyphenation at line breaks.
- Figures ( in .tiff, .bmp or .jpeg formats) should be submitted in separate files.
- Equations should be formatted in MathType (but not in MS Word Equation Editor). Simple equations, symbols and notations may be formatted without using MathType.
- Latin symbols in equations and text must be italicized; numbers, Greek and Cyrillic symbols must be written in regular font.
- Chemical elements (Ag, Cu) and variable names must be written in light font.
- Physical units must be abbreviated with no period (m, kW, m/s) and written in light font. Physical units (except temperatures in Celsius or Kelvin) must be in Russian for Russian-language articles.
- Function names (sin, tg, min, const, log, ехр и т. д.) must be written in light font.
- Period must be used as decimal stop (this also applies to figures).
- Maximum line length for long equations is 8 cm.
- References should be formatted according to our guidelines.